- Artistic excellence is always a central to our initiatives.
- We are a professional art gallery, and we therefore support professional artists and curators
- We pay artists fees that have been established by the following national organizations; CARFAC, SOCAN and the IMAA.
- We strongly support the professional development of artists.
- We believe that our employees should be paid adequately, in relation to their experience, roles and responsibilities.
- The GSN recognizes the essential role that is played by volunteers.
- We support projects and practices that investigate and experiment in all disciplines.
- Site-specific creation is encouraged and supported.
- Social commentary and social engagement is of great importance to the GSN.
- We encourage stimulation of exchange as well as critical discourse.
- We recognize that controversy is a part of contemporary art and we therefore value freedom of speech.
- Emerging artists benefit from committed support from the GSN.
Inclusion and openness
- Participation from diverse communities is perceived as an asset.
- We maintain and develop relationships with other cultural and community orientated organizations.
- A local, regional, and national presence in the contemporary art community is important to the GSN.
- We advocate for artists and for the arts.
- Relationships within the community are constantly maintained and developed.
- We form partnerships with other organizations and festivals.
- Ethics, transparency and honesty guide our practices.
- We act with respect and understanding in all of our relationships.
- Sound financial management provides structure and guides decisions at the GSN.
- We value excellence in our artistic direction.
- We invest in the professional documentation of projects.
- We value the recognition of our partners, sponsors and donors for their support.